Depression and addiction often go hand-in-hand. Some people use harmful coping mechanisms like drugs or alcohol to deal with their sadness. In contrast, others develop depression while struggling to overcome a substance use disorder on their own. A depression treatment program can help such individuals find the will to commit to long-term sobriety and wellness. If you or a loved one is struggling with addiction, contact Attain Behavioral Heath for dual diagnosis treatment.
At Attain Behavioral Health, we understand that addiction often accompanies co-occurring psychological issues such as depression. We follow a dual diagnosis approach in depression and addiction treatment—treating the physical signs of substance use and prioritizing the patient’s mental health.
What Happens in a Depression Treatment Program?
Depression is characterized by feelings of perpetual or overwhelming sadness, along with lethargy and low mood. While some individuals struggle with suicidal thoughts, others may gradually lose interest in their daily activities or hobbies.
A depression treatment program tries to uncover the root causes of one’s sadness and find ways to improve one’s mood and well-being. A quality depression treatment program in Cleveland uses medication, one-on-one therapy sessions, family education, peer support groups, and other holistic activities.
Slowly, the patient is instilled with a new will to live and appreciates the small moments in life.
Why We Offer a Depression Treatment Program in Cleveland
At Attain Behavioral Health, we have a dedicated treatment center for the following reasons:
- Most people struggling with addiction also have depressive thoughts. By tackling their depression, they are more motivated to continue their recovery journey.
- Depression often encourages self-destructive behavior. One can create a happier and more fulfilling life by identifying unhelpful thinking patterns and replacing them with healthier habits.
- As a result of depression, people develop harmful coping mechanisms. Thus, by successfully treating mental health concerns, one becomes better at handling stressful situations.
- A depression treatment program can drastically alter one’s outlook for the better. People become more optimistic and confident and feel grateful for simply being alive.
- Finally, it also teaches people to be kind—both to themselves and others—which is crucial for rebuilding a support network.
Tackling both depression and a substance use disorder at the same time is the gold standard.
Our Treatment Program
In addition to a dedicated depression treatment program in Cleveland, we offer a range of programs and services. Some of our popular treatment programs include:
- Partial hospitalization program (PHP)
- Mental health therapies
- Intensive outpatient program (IOP)
- Outpatient program
As part of our treatment, individuals in our care learn vital life skills and build long-term healthy habits to make a full recovery. Although certain mental health conditions cannot be fully cured, our world-class team will do its best to help patients manage their symptoms and improve their quality of life.