When a person is considering ways to treat addiction and mental health issues, outpatient treatment is a viable option. Outpatient treatment is considered an important form of addiction mental health care because it allows people to continue living at home while getting the help they need to address their issues. It provides patients with the support and resources necessary to make lasting changes in their life. Outpatient programs also allow flexibility for patients to continue working or attending school while getting the treatment they need.
The staff at Attain Behavioral Health understands how challenging addiction can be. Afterall, our staff has been through it themselves. This background gives Attain Behavioral Health the compassion and empathy needed to help patients attain their best life. The definition of attain is to succeed in achieving something that one desires and has worked for. Attain Behavioral Health strives to help its patients achieve their best lives.
If you or someone you know is struggling with addiction, outpatient addiction treatment may be the right choice for you. Contact Attain Behavioral Health at 888.442.2323 to learn more about our outpatient treatment programs.
What Is Outpatient Addiction Treatment?
Outpatient addiction treatment is a type of treatment that allows people to live at home and continue with their normal daily routine while receiving addiction treatment. Treatment typically occurs during the day and may include individual therapy, group therapy, and other activities.
Outpatient treatment is often used as a step down from residential treatment or as a way to continue treatment after completing an inpatient program. It can be an excellent option for people who have a strong home support system and are motivated to stay sober.
Benefits of Outpatient Addiction Treatment
There are many benefits of outpatient addiction treatment, including:
- Cost – Outpatient treatment is typically less expensive than inpatient treatment.
- Flexibility – Outpatient treatment programs offer a lot of flexibility, which can be helpful for people who have work or school obligations.
- Treatment intensity – outpatient treatment programs can range from very intense (several hours per day, several days per week) to less intense (a few hours per week). This allows people to customize their treatment to their needs.
There are a few signs that outpatient treatment is appropriate, including:
- A strong support system in place at home
- Motivated to stay sober
- Completion of a residential or inpatient treatment program
- Desired flexibility
However, outpatient treatment is not for everyone. It’s essential also to understand the drawbacks of outpatient addiction treatment.
Drawbacks of Outpatient Addiction Treatment
There are also some drawbacks of outpatient addiction treatment to consider, including:
- Less structure – Outpatient treatment programs typically have less structure than inpatient treatment programs. This can be difficult for people who need a lot of structure and support to stay sober.
- Less support – Outpatient treatment programs also typically have less support than inpatient treatment programs. This can be difficult for people who need a lot of support to stay sober.
- Risk of relapse – Because outpatient treatment programs offer less structure and support, there is a greater risk of relapse.
- Time commitment – Outpatient treatment programs typically require a time commitment of several hours per week. This can be difficult for people who have a lot of other obligations.
There are a few situations that would disqualify someone from outpatient treatment, which include the following:
- Active substance use
- Suicidal plans or actions
- Unstable housing
- Struggles with transportation, childcare, or work schedules
However, no matter the circumstances, there is addiction treatment available for each person.
Attain a Healthy Future with Attain Behavioral Health’s Outpatient Addiction Treatment
At Attain Behavioral Health, our outpatient addiction treatment programs are designed to meet your individual needs. A variety of outpatient treatment programs are offered, including:
- Partial hospitalization program (PHP) – PHP is a less intensive program that includes individual therapy, group therapy, and other activities.
- Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP) – IOP is a less intensive program that meets for a few hours each week.
- Dual diagnosis treatment – The dual diagnosis treatment program is designed to help people struggling with addiction and mental illness. This program offers individual and group therapy, as well as other activities.
Contact Attain Behavioral Health at 888.442.2323 to learn more about the outpatient treatment programs offered. When you are ready for help—we are ready to help.