Addiction is a deadly disease affecting people of all genders and backgrounds. Over time, a substance use disorder alters one’s brain chemistry, making it very difficult to quit without medication and counseling. Thus, a men’s treatment center can help you rebuild your life for the better. If you or a loved one is struggling with addiction, Attain Behavioral Health offers several addiction treatment programs, including an exclusive men’s treatment program to guide you toward wellness and sobriety.
At our men’s treatment center in Ohio, we will provide you with the support, resources, and treatment to make a long-lasting recovery. We follow a dual-diagnosis approach to men’s addiction treatment, addressing both the physical symptoms of addiction and any co-occurring disorders. Learn more about Attain Behavioral Health’s men’s addiction treatment center center in Ohio by calling us at 888.442.2323.
The Importance of Men’s Treatment Programs
At Attain Behavioral Health, we offer a men’s treatment center in Ohio for the following reasons:
- Owing to societal expectations of how men and women are supposed to behave, some men might not feel comfortable opening up about their addiction or mental health struggles in the presence of women. Not opening up about one’s issues can seriously impact the quality of men’s addiction treatment.
- In a men’s treatment program, individuals can also meet and interact with folks in similar stages of recovery. Thus, they learn to give and receive effective support, form lifelong friendships, and develop a sense of community and camaraderie.
- A quality men’s addiction treatment center doesn’t just treat the physical symptoms of addiction. Instead, it uncovers the root causes of a substance use disorder and prioritizes the patient’s mental health.
- Moreover, a men’s treatment program empowers patients to re-learn vital life skills, unlearn toxic thought patterns, and make sustainable lifestyle changes for a happier life.
Men face several unique challenges when it comes to addiction treatment and recovery. In this patriarchal society that we live in, men are always expected to be strong, suppress their emotions, and not show any signs of vulnerability.
As a result, they often turn to harmful coping mechanisms such as drugs or alcohol, repress their feelings, and have difficulties asking for help or opening up about their struggles.
Thus, a single-gender treatment program is ideal for men’s addiction treatment. It provides a supportive space and mental health treatment for men without distractions.
How a Men’s Treatment Center Works
There isn’t a one-size-fits-all cure for addiction. In our men’s treatment program, we offer a variety of educational opportunities, recreational activities, and mental health treatments for men that can be further personalized as per each individual’s unique needs and recovery goals.
Some of the services available as part of our men’s addiction treatment include:
- Partial Hospitalization Program (PHP)
- Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP)
- Outpatient Program (OP)
In addition, all our treatment programs use the dual diagnosis approach. We also offer other therapies for mental health disorders and the like.