An intensive outpatient program (IOP) is designed for individuals who need more support than traditional outpatient therapy but do not require 24/7 inpatient care. It can be a wonderful alternative to residential treatment.
An IOP is a structured program that offers support and services to help individuals struggling with substance use disorder. Specifically, IOP provides treatment while allowing the individual to go home or stay in a sober living facility between daily sessions. While similar to traditional outpatient programs, IOPs are usually more intensive, and involve group therapy at least three to five days per week.
Attain Behavioral Health brings the best that is available and incorporates it into all addiction treatments. That includes our IOP program. Everyone’s situation is unique, and Attain Behavioral Health is dedicated to crafting a program that meet each person’s needs.
If you or someone you love is struggling with addiction, reach out to Attain Behavioral Health at 888.442.2323 to learn more about how patients can benefit from an intensive outpatient program.
What Is an Intensive Outpatient Program?
An intensive outpatient program (IOP) is a type of treatment that provides more intensive services than traditional outpatient therapy. IOPs are designed for individuals who need more support than standard outpatient therapy but do not require 24/7 inpatient care.
IOPs typically offer three to five hours of programming per day, three to five days per week. Some programs also offer a nightly session for flexibility.
This type of treatment offers various services, including individual, group, and family therapy. IOPs may also provide medication management, skills training, and other services.
Benefits of an Intensive Outpatient Program
- IOPs offer a higher level of care than traditional outpatient therapy.
- Individuals in an IOP will receive more individualized attention and support.
- IOPs also offer a more flexible schedule than inpatient treatment. This can benefit individuals with work or family obligations that they cannot miss.
- IOPs are typically more affordable than inpatient treatment. This can make them a good option for individuals who do not have insurance or who have a limited budget.
- A person is struggling with addiction but does not need 24/7 inpatient care.
- A person strugglers with mental health issues but cannot commit to full-time inpatient treatment.
- A patient needs more support than traditional outpatient therapy.
- A patient a more flexible treatment schedule.
- A person has a strong urge to heal physically, mentally, and emotionally.
What to Expect in an Intensive Outpatient Program
An intensive outpatient program’s (IOP) structure changes depending on the person. While they usually provide three to five hours of programming daily, three to five days weekly, some programs present a nightly session to be more flexible for folks that work or attend school during the day.
IOPs offer various services, including individual therapy, group therapy, and family therapy. Others might have medication management and skills training, among other benefits.
What is included in an IOP? Most IOPs have the following:
- An initial assessment
- An individualized treatment plan
- Group therapy
- Individual therapy
- Family therapy
- Skills training
- Discharge planning
Attain Behavioral Health’s intensive outpatient program is committed to helping patients on their journey to wellness.
Discover the Benefits of IOPs at Attain Behavioral Health
Addiction and mental health disorders can be challenging to manage on your own. Attain Behavioral Health is here to help you every step of the way.
Our intensive outpatient program (IOP) in Cleveland, OH, can help you heal physically, mentally, and emotionally. Our IOP is designed to give our clients the tools they need to manage their addiction and mental health disorders. Contact us today at 888.442.2323 to learn more.