What Is an Addiction Aftercare Program?
Addiction is a complex disease, and there isn’t a single magical cure that works for everyone. This is why doctors and specialists must create a personalized treatment program that caters to an individual’s unique needs, medical history, and recovery goals. Aftercare is a crucial component of such a program.
Aftercare generally refers to any follow-up treatment after the initial program is complete. It may include some or all of the following:
- Sober living
- Individual or group therapy sessions
- Peer support groups
- 12-step programs
- Life skills training
- Educational and vocational support
- Family counseling
- Alumni program
No matter what parts of the program work for you, there is something for those in recovery in an aftercare program.
Why We Offer an Aftercare Program for Addiction
At Attain Behavioral Health, we customize our addiction aftercare program based on the kind of support an individual needs.
An aftercare program for addiction has several unique advantages, discussed below:
- Without follow-up treatment, patients may relapse or return to their old habits.
- Aftercare motivates individuals to remain sober and apply the vital skills they learned in recovery.
- Addiction is often accompanied by co-occurring psychological issues, such as depression and anxiety, that require months or years of therapy.
- Aftercare also helps one to adjust to day-to-day life after addiction treatment gradually.
- It also provides a strong support system that helps one maintain healthy habits and positive lifestyle changes.
- In case of any emergency or a relapse, an aftercare program can assist the patient in quickly getting back on their feet.
Thus, while an initial treatment program lays the groundwork for lifelong wellness, an addiction aftercare program helps one maintain sobriety and rebuild a healthier future.
Our Treatment Program
In addition to our world-class addiction aftercare program in Cleveland, OH, we also provide other services, such as:
- Partial hospitalization program (PHP)
- Outpatient programs
- Intensive outpatient program (IOP)
- Mental health therapies
At Attain Behavioral Health, we follow a “dual-diagnosis” approach to addiction treatment. As part of dual diagnosis treatment, we treat both the physical symptoms of substance abuse and any mental health issues. Thus, by uncovering the root causes of addiction, we gently guide our patients toward a successful recovery. Dual diagnosis is the highest standard of care, and understanding of the deep-seated issues surrounding addiction.