Quality addiction treatment usually involves a mixture of medical detox and counseling, such as a cognitive-behavioral therapy program (CBT). A CBT program for addiction treatment helps those in our care to identify negative beliefs and replace them with healthier habits, with the goal of self-improvement. If you or a loved one is struggling with a substance use disorder, contact Attain Behavioral Health’s addiction therapy program.
At our clinic in Cleveland, we offer a dedicated CBT program. To know more about addiction and the benefits of our cognitive-behavioral therapy program in Cleveland, call us at 888.442.2323.
What Is a Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy Program?
Addiction is a complex disease that affects one’s physical and psychological health. Since prolonged consumption of drugs alters one’s brain chemistry, therapy and counseling are vital for recovery.
A cognitive-behavioral therapy program, in particular, helps patients break out of unhelpful ways of thinking. A CBT program is a form of talk therapy with a goal-oriented and problem-solving approach. The therapist works closely with the patient to identify areas of concern and find effective coping strategies.
A CBT program usually lasts for several weeks. In addition to regular sessions, a therapist may assign specific exercises and “homework” so that those in our care can apply what they have learned in therapy to real life.
Why We Offer a CBT Program for Addiction Treatment
Cognitive-behavioral therapy has been proven effective in treating a variety of disorders, including:
- Substance use disorder
- Eating disorders
Since co-occurring mental illnesses often accompany addiction, a CBT program can help individuals find hope and healing. The several unique benefits of CBT include the following:
- It helps people recognize their toxic thoughts and habits and work on replacing them with a more positive outlook.
- It prompts individuals to understand themselves and their core motivations better.
- CBT also helps patients work through trauma, face their fears and develop contingency plans for challenging situations.
- It restores one’s confidence, improving their self-worth and energy levels.
- It teaches them vital problem-solving skills that can be applied in all areas of life.
- Participants are better equipped to deal with stressful situations or sudden, unfortunate events.
- CBT assists people in controlling their emotions and promotes an overall sense of calm.
- CBT can be effective for a variety of situations and conditions.
If you’re interested in learning more, contact us at 888.442.2323.
Our Treatment Program
Based out of Cleveland, Attain Behavioral Health offers a variety of programs and services to help individuals in our care to make a full recovery, including the following:
- Partial hospitalization program (PHP)
- Outpatient programs
- Intensive outpatient program (IOP)
Moreover, we follow a dual diagnosis approach to substance use treatment. Thus, we not only treat the physical symptoms of addiction and co-occurring mental health disorders using evidence-based therapies, such as CBT.
By uncovering the root causes of addiction, we can guide those in our care to make the necessary lifestyle changes and commit to long-term healing and sobriety.